28 Jun Wow! Eminem Opens Up About Near Death Drug Overdose! “I’m An Addict”
Marshall Mathers’s aka Eminem almost died a few years ago after overdosing on prescription drugs/pain killers. In a new documentary “How To Make Money Selling Drugs”, Eminem talks about the experience.
“My name is Marshall. I’m an addict.”
“When I took my first Vicodin, it was like this feeling of, ‘Ahh.’ Like everything was not only mellow, but [I] didn’t feel any pain,”
“I don’t know at what point exactly it started to be a problem. I just remember liking it more and more. People tried to tell me that I had a problem. I would say, ‘Get that f****ing person outta here. I can’t believe they said that s*** to me. I’m not out there shooting heroin. I’m not f***ing out there putting coke up my nose. I’m not smoking crack.”
He started mixing pills including Xanax and Valium along with the vicodin he was already taking.
“Had I got to the hospital about two hours later, I would have died,” he says. “My organs were shutting down. My liver, kidneys, everything. They were gonna have to put me on dialysis. They didn’t think I was gonna make it. My bottom was gonna be death.”
A month later after getting out of medical care, Eminem relapsed. What made him finally get clean was his biological daughter and 2 other daughters he adopted.
“I’m looking at my kids and [realizing], ‘I need to be here for this,'”
Did Eminem check into a rehab center? Nope. He cleaned up on his own with a detox program that he felt left him incapacitated.
“Coming off everything, I was 24 hours a day for three weeks straight, And I mean, not sleeping, not even nodding off for a f***ing minute. I had to regain motor skills; I had to regain talking skills. It’s been a learning process; I’m growing. I couldn’t believe that anybody could be naturally happy without being on something. So I would say to anybody, ‘It does get better.”